A Giggle And Hoot First Birthday Celebration!
Recently we celebrated our son Cooper’s first birthday party! So hard to believe our baby boy is 1 already, time just goes way too fast. We had a small celebration at our home with family and friends, it was great to see the children from our mothers group playing together.
My son loves ABC’s TV show Giggle and Hoot, so we decided to use this as the theme of his first birthday party. Everything was decorated in aqua blue and orange, most of the decorations I made myself, I thoroughly enjoyed myself while being creative and had lots of fun planning his party.
A family friend made the Giggle and Hoot themed birthday cake, she did a fantastic job, it was a delicious chocolate mud cake.
We had a large dinosaur blow up pool that had a water fountain and slide attached to it, this along with balls and toys spread over a picnic rug kept the children entertained.
I made blue tissue pom poms look like ‘Hoot’.
How to make Giggle and Hoot tissue pom pom decorations:
- Assemble the tissue paper pom poms according to their instructions.
- Use cream coloured cardboard to cut out the facial area.
- Cut a large white circle and a smaller black circle for the eyes, stick this onto the cream card.
- Cut 2 x orange wings, 2 x orange feet and a diamond shape for his nose.
- Use a black pen to decorate the wings with dashed lines.
- Insert the wings and feet into the tissue pom poms and secure with tape.
- Attach the face to the front of the pom poms with tape, and there you have it…. a giggle and hoot hanging party decoration.
Food ideas for a first birthday party:
- Mini party pies and Sausage rolls
- Mini quiches
- Cheerios/cocktail franks
- Cheese and crackers
- Pizza scrolls
- Carrot & Celery sticks with dip.
- Cake pops
- Fruit Platter
- Fairy bread
- Jelly cups
- Mini muffins
- Chocolate crackles
- Sweet slices cut into small squares
Party favour ideas for a first birthday party:
- Party hats
- Party whistle
Some other popular boy first birthday party theme ideas are:
- Mickey Mouse
- Sesame Street
- Teddy Bears Picnic
- Jungle Animals
- Very Hungry Caterpillar
I found lots of birthday party inspiration on Pinterest.
We are very lucky to have this handsome little man in our lives, everyone had a great afternoon and it was a wonderful celebration of my son’s first year!
Happy party planning,